Ten women have died in India and dozens more are in hospital, some in a critical condition, after a state-run programme that pays women to undergo sterilisation went badly wrong, officials said Tuesday.
(HealthDay)—Wearing masks made of latex and taking hayrides are among the Halloween festivities that could be risky for children with asthma, according to the American Lung Association.
Hundreds of children in more than 10 U.S. states have been sickened by a severe respiratory illness that public health officials say may be caused by an uncommon virus similar to the germ that causes the common cold.
Damp and mould in homes could pose a significant health risk to people with asthma according to a new study published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
Federal health officials are warning consumers who use popular anti-acne treatments about rare but potentially deadly allergic reactions that can cause swelling of the face and difficulty breathing.
Saudi Arabia's Health Ministry says 13 people have died over the last two weeks from the Middle Eastern respiratory virus.
Saudi Arabia on Sunday warned those dealing with camels to take precautions as the number of infections in the kingdom from a respiratory illness linked to the animals rises further.
Lebanon has recorded its first case of the often-fatal Middle East respiratory virus, the Health Ministry said Friday.
An Austrian commission following up on claims that doctors deliberately infected patients with malaria to treat others with syphilis says hundreds of people, including orphans in a psychiatric hospital, might have been infected.
Sleep deprived Americans have a new option to address hard-to-treat nighttime breathing problems: a first-of-kind device that keeps airways open by zapping them with an electrical current.
Egyptian authorities have detected the first case of a dangerous SARS-like virus in the country, the state news agency said Saturday.
Federal health advisers have unanimously rejected an experimental pain pill that combines two common opioids, oxycodone and morphine.
The United Arab Emirates Interior Ministry says one of its paramedics has died after contracting Middle East respiratory syndrome and that five others are also infected.
Difficulty falling asleep, frequent waking, poor quality of sleep and a variety of sleep-related breathing problems are very common – they afflict approximately a third of the population.
Two new cases of the potentially deadly MERS respiratory virus, including a heavily pregnant woman, have been reported in the United Arab Emirates, media Friday cited health authorities as saying.