South Korea said Tuesday it had gone three days without any new cases of the deadly MERS virus, in a welcome boost to efforts to tackle the largest outbreak outside Saudi Arabia.
South Korea on Saturday said it was closely monitoring a hospital in eastern Seoul over fears that hundreds of people there may have been exposed to the deadly MERS virus.
South Korea on Thursday reported two more deaths from its MERS outbreak and one more new case, bringing the total fatalities from the deadly virus to 29.
Two major hospitals in South Korea's capital suspended services to patients on Wednesday in a bid to stop the spread of MERS after four new cases of the deadly virus were reported.
South Korea on Saturday said that there had been no new cases of MERS reported for the first time in 16 days, raising hopes the country is winning the battle to contain the deadly virus.
Thailand on Thursday said a 75-year-old man from Oman was confirmed to have MERS in Southeast Asia's first case of the virus since an outbreak in South Korea that has killed 23 people.
Health authorities are repeating the mistakes of the past in combatting Ebola, more than a year after its onset in Guinea and Sierra Leone, the international president of Doctors Without Borders (MSF) warned Saturday.
South Korea on Saturday reported the 14th death from an outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), with 12 new cases including that of an ambulance driver who moved a patient infected with the deadly virus.
South Korea's outbreak of the deadly MERS virus is "large and complex" and more cases should be expected, a team of World Health Organization (WHO) experts said Saturday.
South Korea reported 14 new cases of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) on Thursday, including the first pregnant woman infected by the potentially deadly virus.
Ebola-hit Guinea has extended a health emergency declared in March until the end of June, citing the persistence of the deadly virus in the country, the presidency said on Saturday.
The head of the UN mission on Ebola in Guinea on Monday said violence in the west of the country "jeopardised" the fight against the deadly virus.
Congolese expert Jean-Jacques Muyembe may be little known to the public, but he has been one of the world's top Ebola investigators since the first epidemic erupted in central Africa in 1976.
South Korea confirmed five MERS cases Friday, bringing the total number of patients infected with the potentially deadly virus to 12, including a man who defied a quarantine protocol and travelled to China, health officials ...
Sierra Leone on Wednesday berated the "selfish and shameful" behaviour of people risking a resurgence of the Ebola virus by flouting quarantine restrictions, as authorities announced a spike in cases.