More than 600 Cambodian villagers, mostly school children, fell ill after eating contaminated food provided to a school during an anti-child labour event, health officials said Saturday.
Synthetic cannabinoids ("synthetic marijuana"), with names like Spice, K2, Scooby Doo and hundreds of others, are often sold as a "legal" alternative to marijuana. Often perceived as a safe legal alternative ...
Flinders University researchers have invented a revolutionary method to test for food poisoning in fish.
A new study in the journal Environmental Health indicates that porches in older homes can be a significant source of lead dust and that housing regulations – which have been instrumental in lower rates ...
(HealthDay)—As a potentially record-breaking blizzard pummels the U.S. Northeast, there are steps residents should take to keep themselves and their loved ones safe, doctors say.
A lethal batch of home-brew liquor sold at a local cricket match has killed at least 31 people in northern India, with more than 100 others ill in hospital, police and medical officials said Tuesday.
At least 14 people died and dozens of others were seriously ill after consuming toxic liquor in northern India Monday, officials said, in the latest incident of alcohol poisoning in the country.
An average of six people die from alcohol poisoning every day in the United States, according to a US government report out Tuesday.
Washing the Christmas Day turkey is putting home cooks at risk of poisoning their dinner guests.
National Poison Control Center data from 2012 show that poisonings from prescription drugs are the leading cause of injury death in the United States, and that poisonings from "bath salts," synthetic marijuana and laundry ...
Raw sprouts are linked to dozens of cases of food poisoning—again.
(HealthDay)—Most people who drink to excess or binge drink are not alcoholics, a new U.S. government report says.
A senior Indian health official warned Sunday against buying an antibiotic feared laced with a toxin found in rat poison and linked to the deaths of 13 women who underwent sterilisation operations.
When Joseph Roderique was a first-year student in the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, he had an idea for an injectable antidote for carbon monoxide poisoning. It was a big idea, one that ...
(HealthDay)—As the winter's first big snowstorm hits the Midwest and an Arctic blast barrels toward the East Coast this week, experts are offering tips on how to deal with the cold and snow.