A health official says an investigation that found syringes were being reused at a West Virginia pain management clinic was triggered by patient who developed bacterial meningitis.
There is more good news about HIV treatment pills used to prevent infection in people at high risk of getting the AIDS virus: Follow-up from a landmark study that proved the drug works now shows that it does ...
Health officials in Puerto Rico on Thursday declared an epidemic of the mosquito-borne virus known as chikungunya.
Health officials in Ghana say a U.S. citizen is being tested for Ebola and remains in quarantine after he fell ill while in West Africa.
Anthrax traces in frozen beef may have infected five people currently under observation in hospital in eastern Hungary, health officials said Friday.
IBM today announced a first-of-a-kind system that is designed to help food retailers, distributors and public health officials predict the most likely contaminated food sources and accelerate the investigation ...
University of Utah researchers have discovered that an enzyme involved in intracellular signaling plays a crucial role in developing metabolic syndrome, a finding that has a U of U spinoff company developing a drug to potentially ...
Health officials in California say a high school is at the center of a tuberculosis outbreak in Sacramento County.
In the past decade, billions of dollars have been spent trying to save the lives of mothers in developing countries using strategies—usually inexpensive drugs—deemed essential by the U.N. health agency.
The rugged Pakistani region of North Waziristan emerged as a hotbed of polio infections after Taliban militants in the isolated area banned immunizations. Now the Pakistani government's offensive against ...
When it comes to flu vaccines, a federal panel says a squirt in the nose is better than a shot in the arm for young children.
Federal health officials are warning consumers who use popular anti-acne treatments about rare but potentially deadly allergic reactions that can cause swelling of the face and difficulty breathing.
Brazilian health officers have discovered the polio virus in sewage in the World Cup host city of Campinas, the World Health Organization announced Monday.
The marijuana in those pot brownies isn't the only thing that can potentially make consumers sick. Regulators are now taking a closer look at how those pot-infused edibles are actually made.
The death toll in west Africa's three-nation Ebola outbreak has risen to 337, the World Health Organisation said Wednesday, making it the deadliest ever outbreak of the haemorrhagic fever.