Officials say death of Montana teenager was vaping-related

Health officials say a teenager in Montana has died of a lung disease associated with a national outbreak of vaping-related illnesses.

The Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services said Tuesday it was the state's first recorded death connected to e-cigarette use.

Officials declined to release any further details about the youth, citing confidentiality.

Officials said they have identified two other people in the state with vaping-associated lung illnesses.

U.S. have reported about 1,300 vaping-related illnesses and at least 26 deaths nationwide.

A temporary ban on flavored vaping products goes into effect Oct. 22 in Montana.


Explore further

Texas records 1st death linked to e-cigarette use

© 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Citation: Officials say death of Montana teenager was vaping-related (2019, October 16) retrieved 11 November 2019 from https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-10-death-montana-teenager-vaping-related.html
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
 shares

Feedback to editors

User comments