Pediatrics

FACT CHECK: No evidence to back claim of VapoRub death

A viral Facebook post claims a 2-year-old boy died after his mother applied Vicks VapoRub to his skin, but the manufacturer and authorities in U.S. and Mexico say they have no record of such a death.

Health

Misuse of Vicks VapoRub may harm infants and toddlers

VicksĀ® VapoRubĀ®, the popular salve used to relieve symptoms of cough and congestion, may be harmful for infants and toddlers. New research appearing in the January issue of Chest, the peer-reviewed journal of the American ...