(HealthDay)—Unnatural deaths occur more frequently among individuals with diabetes, according to research published online May 21 in Diabetes Care.
(HealthDay)—Norovirus, the so-called "cruise ship virus," is more often caused by infected restaurant workers than outbreaks on the high seas, U.S. health officials said Tuesday.
Hygienic food handling and standard food safety protocols are not being practiced at many of Adelaide's supermarket delicatessens, according to a University of Adelaide study.
(Medical Xpress)—Researchers expressed concern that the lack of awareness of the role of alcohol in deaths impacts on support for public health measures.
Bearded dragons have joined the list of pets that can give you salmonella poisoning.
The government's latest report card on food poisoning is out, and it has some good news: a drop in illnesses from salmonella.
Children and young adults with epilepsy are more likely to suffer broken bones, burns and poisonings compared to those without the neurological disorder, new research has found.
(HealthDay)—Restaurant dining may be less bother than a home-cooked meal, but a new study finds that you're twice as likely to get food poisoning dining out compared to eating in.
While preventable, carbon monoxide poisoning is a serious and sometimes fatal condition. Large weather events, such as snowstorms and heavy storms that cause power outages, can lead to an increase in the number of reported ...
When one thinks of accidental deaths due to substances, overdoses probably come to mind – such as methamphetamine, heroine or cocaine. But in the United States, more people die of acetaminophen overdoses ...
Every year, almost 10,000 Danes are admitted to hospital with blood poisoning, while more than 3,000 patients become infected while they are hospitalised. New research shows that Danes suffering from blood poisoning risk ...
(HealthDay)—As temperatures rise and spring rains fall, snakes in the U.S. Southwest—including venomous snakes—leave their winter hideouts and become more active. That puts people and their pets at ...
In a Review published in The Lancet Neurology, two of the world's leading experts on the link between environment and children's health are sounding the alarm on the dangers of industrial chemicals.
In today's edition of The Lancet doctors report the case of a patient with severe heart failure, who in May 2012 was referred to the Marburg University clinic in Germany.
The University of Liverpool is to decipher the genomes of the UK's main bacterial cause of food poisoning which results in over 21,000 hospital admissions and 100 deaths each year.