Family seeks answers in Down Syndrome son's death

(AP)—A lawyer for the family of a man with Down syndrome who died while being escorted from a movie theater says the grieving family is seeking answers after the death, which was ruled a homicide.

Twenty-six-year-old Robert Ethan Saylor died Jan. 12 after security guards tried to remove him from a Maryland theater where he had finished watching a movie and was refusing to leave. Joseph Espo, an attorney representing the family, said Tuesday the family is still in shock.

The Sheriff's Office previously said Saylor resisted arrest and was handcuffed as he was led out. Saylor then began having what officials described as a medical emergency. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.

Officials said Friday the state medical examiner's office had ruled the a .

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Citation: Family seeks answers in Down Syndrome son's death (2013, February 19) retrieved 30 January 2023 from https://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-02-family-syndrome-son-death.html
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.

Explore further

Fourth person dies in Calif. of mushroom poisoning

 shares

Feedback to editors