Boston College now says 120 students reporting illnesses

Boston College says more than 120 students have now reported gastrointestinal illnesses, and nearly all are students who ate at a Chipotle restaurant near campus.

Dr. Thomas Nary, director of university health services, announced Wednesday that the symptoms are consistent with norovirus.

A spokeswoman for the Boston Public Health Commission said the illnesses were likely caused by norovirus, but final test results aren't expected for a couple of days.

The illnesses led to the temporary closure of the restaurant in the city's Cleveland Circle neighborhood. City officials said a employee was sick during a shift last week.

A spokesman for Denver-based Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. has said the Boston College illnesses are likely an isolated case of norovirus and unrelated to the E. coli cases that have turned up in nine states.


Explore further

Boston College: 80 sickened after eating at Chipotle

© 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Citation: Boston College now says 120 students reporting illnesses (2015, December 9) retrieved 13 October 2019 from https://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-12-boston-college-students-illnesses.html
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
0 shares

Feedback to editors

User comments

Please sign in to add a comment. Registration is free, and takes less than a minute. Read more